Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nursery and Bathroom Remodel

I am happy to announce the nursery is ready! It is even ready a whole day before baby Makenna will make her appearance. This was my first time getting to go all out on a nursery and boy did I have fun.
I do have to give credit to my amazing husband who made all of my crazy ideas a reality.  Thanks babe you are the best.  We started off painting the top part of the room a light purple and the bottom a darker them put up a chunky chair rail.
Dustin then then turned an old hand me down crib a friend gave us into this adorable crib.  He painted it white and added the cute purple decals.
My favorite part of the room is this cute dresser.  It started out looking like the ugly dresser below and Dustin turned it into this cute dresser perfect for the nursery.  He had to puddy all the dings out, put in new drawer liner upper things, and painted everything.
 
I also put up this cute mirror that Dustin painted and I added the vinyl M.

We got a little help from these two stinkers.
Here is our ugly before bathroom.
Here it is now.  Dustin re tiled the floor, painted, put in a new vanity, did a tile back splash, and installed  a new medicine cabinet.  Most importantly we made our dead line of May 25.  The next project I am doing all the work of bringing our daughter into the world:).
Thanks Dustin for all of your hard work making our house as perfect as it can be.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keri said...

Her room is SO CUTE!! I love the dresser! Dustin did an amazing job. Now all that room needs is a baby!

Suzanne said...

it turned out PERFECT!! it is so adorable, I love it!! the bathroom looks great too!! and it's all just in time! :)