Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Terrible End to a Great Vacation

So after going on a terrific 6 night cruise with my family I found myself being taken by stretcher to the medical center and then an ambulance ride to the ER. It was so humiliating! I was holding my niece (9 months old) and sitting down into a low deck chair when my lower back went into spasms. I couldn't move. When I got to the medical center the doctor said I would most likely go get an MRI. Luckily after they pumped me full of drugs they ruled out a herniated discs and I was able to make our flight back to Seattle and have been spending most of my time since being home in bed.
Luckily they guys carrying me in the stretcher were not in has mat suites but you get the idea:)

This was my first and hopefully my last Ambulance ride (not so much fun).

2 comments:

scott and ashley said...

Scary!!! I hope you are doing ok- call me!

Nate and Alyssa said...

I didn't enjoy my first either, when Lincoln broke his Femur. I am glad you made it through the cruise before it happened.