Monday, October 18, 2010

Preparing For Winter

Last weekend we went up and got firewood. We lucked out because Crystal Ski resort cut down all kids of trees and piled them up for people to come and get. So we spent the day liming, cutting up wood, and loading it into a huge trailer. Dustin and I are very sore! Hopefully it will all be worth it and we will stay toasty warm this winter.
P.S. I have to say that I am a very good tree limber with a chainsaw:)


We got both of the boys little toy chainsaws last year. Colton loved to try and cut everything up. Camdin preferred to sit in the truck and watch movies.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

wow, sounds like a lot of work! you'll be happy you did it when it starts getting cold! love the little chainsaws, they are so cute!

The Hegsted Family said...

I'm totally impressed! How fun to go saw up your own firewood. I love that the boys and you were all helping out to cut up the wood. Looks like you guys had fun doing some hard work.