Thursday, August 13, 2009

Home At Last

Late Tuesday night the boys and I flew back home. It was a great vacation but I could not wait to be back in my house and in my own bed. Tuesday was a terribly long day we had a 4 hour layover in Boise that turned into a 5 hour layover. I am very happy that is was Boise because they do have a very family friendly airport and there were many other kids around that Camdin became friends with. Not only was Tuesday a long day but Monday was longer we drove from Madison WI, to Chicago (3 hours) flew from Chicago to Salt Lake (3 hours) and finally drove from Salt Lake to Idaho Falls (3 hours). My boys were great. Thank goodness for portable DVD players!
Our trip was great. I got to see family that I hadn't seen in over 9 year. In Wisconsin we stayed the majority of our time in Door County at a condo on the beach of Lake Michigan. Our condo was huge all in all there were 9 bed rooms 8 bathrooms and 3 kitchens. It was nice because it was big enough so everyone could be together all at once and spacious enough that when you went to your room it was quite for kids and naps.
The biggest bummer of the trip was I left my camera in Salt Lake so I have no pics of my very own. So everyone that was there send me pics if you got them:)

This is our small portion of the reunion. Total there were 38 people.


Playing in the sand. The water was freezing! Seriously it was 45'F.

All the kids lined up for the pinata!

Colton taking is turn and making a dent:)

There was so much good food. Thanks everyone!

The boys missed Dustin so much. We were so happy he made it to WI.

Cherry picking.

1 comments:

Kluane said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safe. We were so ready to be home too, I can't imagine being gone for as long as you were. I am definitley looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. Orin told me about the car being dead when you guys got back to the hotel and then Camdin throwing up all over him - yuck. I'm glad your trip home went better, well other than your layover that's never fun.