Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Tubes Are In

I am so happy to post that Colton's tubes are in and he is doing great!!! The doctor put him to sleep and he was awake screaming in a little over 30 min. The procedure went great. The doctor was able to drain lots of cloudy fluid from both ears that was making him in so much pain at night. Colton was pretty disoriented after waking up but after eating and sleeping for several hours I feel he is better then ever. I am so relieved that it is finally over. Colton was the perfect little patient I think every nurse in the surgery unit came by and said hi and played peek-a-boo with him and made him smile and laugh. Virgina Maison's nurses and doctors were terrific they made things go so smoothly and made the whole thing as painless as possible.
Thank you to everyone that helped me through the last couple weeks. All of my friends and family have been so great to listen as I talked over and over about my problems and concerns. I would also like to thank everyone for including us in your prayers. We would have never made it though without you.

Colton is just happy as can be in his hospital gown before surgery.

2 comments:

Kluane said...

What a brave boy!! We love you Colton.

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad everything went well! Definetly a brave boy... and brave mommy!