Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas tree hunt

Last weekend we wanted to start the fun tradition of cutting down our own Christmas tree. We headed into the woods with our tree cutting permit in a small KIA rental car. We drove up the side of a mountain to get the area where you can cut. As we neared the area of course it starts to snow. We stopped at the nearest place and began to search. The paper said "Nobel Firs," So I had a picture of a store bought noble fir in my head and these were not them. They reminded me allot of Alaskan trees the grow on permafrost. Small and sparse branches. We ended up searching for a while but the kids got cold and were not happy. So we gave up and cut down a small little tree we decided to put up in Camdin's room. Then it was Home Depot here we come for the perfect tree I had a vision of in my head.

So a funny story about Camdin. When he is walking and falls down he jumps up and tells me "I'm O'tay mommy, I'm O'tay." So when we were searching for our tree in the cold snow, he was getting wet and he looked up at me and said, "I'm not O'tay mommy, I'm NOT O'tay." It was the funniest moment of that day!!

Warming up in the car after.

2 comments:

Kluane said...

Too funny, he cracks me up!! I'm still laughing about it as I write this. I can just picture him, can't wait to see you guys.

Jessi Ryan said...

I like Colton's little snow outfit. Ohhh I can imagine Camdin's cute little voice saying that.